White Concave Face Popper
The White Concave Face Bass Popper is a specific type of fishing lure designed to attract bass by creating surface disturbance or commotion on the water. This lure typically features a concave or cupped face, which, when jerked or twitched, produces a popping or splashing sound, imitating the movement of distressed prey on the surface.
Bass are known to be attracted to such noise and movement, especially in warmer months or when they’re feeding near the water’s surface. The white color might resemble various types of baitfish or insects found in the bass’s natural environment.
To effectively use the White Concave Face popper:
- Choose the Right Gear: Use a fishing rod suitable for casting lightweight lures. A medium-action rod with a reel and line suited for the lure’s weight is ideal.
- Casting Technique: Cast the Popper near structures where bass might hide, such as rocks, logs, or vegetation along the shore.
- Retrieve Style: After casting, let the popper settle for a moment. Then, use a twitching motion with your rod tip to make the lure pop and splash. Pause between pops to mimic a struggling creature.
- Vary the Retrieve: Sometimes, a steady retrieve works, while other times, irregular or erratic movements may entice strikes. Experiment with different speeds and pauses.
- Observe and Adapt: Pay attention to how the bass respond. If they seem uninterested, try adjusting your technique or location.
Remember, fishing success can vary based on many factors, including weather, water conditions, and the bass’s behavior. It might take some practice and experimentation to find the best approach for using a white popper effectively.
The White Concave Face Popper is usually available in the following hook sizes: 3/0 | 2/0 | 1/0 | 2 | 4 | 6
Click here for other bass poppers.